November 13, 2013

Inspiration Comes in All Shapes and Sizes and Friends

Over this past weekend I was showing my husband some cards made by a dear friend of mine, Virgina Lu of Yes Virginia, and how she incorporated paint color chips into her gorgeous designs.  He was amazed, to say the least!

While I was up in my studio, cardmaking, he went to the hardware store to run and errand and came back with a COLORFUL surprise for me.  He picked up a handful of the paint chips! (I know, he's a keeper in SO many ways!)

Virginia has always been my favorite muse and when my mojo has left the building, she has told me she doesn't mind if I use her creations as inspiration.  She's generous, compassionate, and a huge source of support to me when I have needed her.  Everyone should have a friend like her! You can see a few of Virginia's paint chip cards HERE and HERE.

My mind blanked.  I broke out into a cold sweat - was I going to disappoint?????  YEP, I guess I need more practice with the creative aspect of these sweet little colorful gems, but I couldn't resist the play on colorblocking and decided to go ahead and post my creation.  I still have plenty more chips to play with the next time!

Here's my card and I'm going to enter this into the Hero Arts Holiday Challenge.  I chose the theme, A Few of My Favorite Things in that I used my favorite technique of wet embossing, especially in gold!

Thanks so much for looking and, as always, I love to hear your comments!

Supplies
Paper -Hero Arts white layering, MME pp
Stamps - Hero Arts Hanging Ornaments CG221, Impression Obsession Background Distressed Diagonal
Inks - Versamark Watermark
Dies - Papertrey Ink One Liners Die Collection, Lil Inkers Stitched Mats Squares
Other - Paint chips, Darice sequins, Glimmer Mist, Ranger Ultrafine gold embossing powder, Wink of Stella Pen, Hero Arts white embossing powder
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips