March 03, 2013

Longing for Spring

Hi everyone!  A post has been LONG overdue, but I'm back in the saddle and with a new card and a cool challenge!

Just in time before I completely lose my mind from lack of sun up here in New England, Hero Arts has a new challenge for us!  It's full of fun and color and some great techniques.
I decided to use the color palette Hero Arts chose because it sang Spring to me and I am honestly burnt out on Christmas and Valentine's Day colors.  I also had a new Spellbinders die I wanted to try out and it was perfect for the design I had in mind. 
I used the Hero Arts stamp Scallop Flower because of its whimsical and organic nature, to go along with the Botanical Swirls die.  I couldn't resist dotting the flower centers with Ranger white Enamel Accents and then I fussy cut them out. I used Hero Arts Shadow Inks in Butter Bar, Soft Sky, and Soft Granite for the Made with Love sentiment.

I had some gorgeous sheer ribbon that was a gift from my friend Cheiron - it's perfect with all these soft colors and I used some gray and white twine to "tie" it all together!  I thought it needed a little feminine touch, so I used the Martha Stewart doily lace edge punch on the side.

I hope you get a chance to enter this fun challenge!  Happy Spring!

I'd love to hear your comments, as always!

Hugs,
Marcy

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips