August 18, 2012

Bon Voyage!

This week at Our Creative Corner, our challenge comes from the uber talented, Kim Price of InkognitoShe has REALLY asked us to stretch our imagination and use bits and pieces we have floating around that belong in the office - Staples, Post-it Notes, String, Sticky Tape - the list goes on!  Use your imagination and come up with a fabulous creation using these common items. BUT! And here's the twist, Kim wants to see the color RED. Lots and lots of RED! Go bold with your fabulous designs!  Neutral colors are allowed - black, white, cream, kraft, grey and browns, but your card must feature the color RED. 
Here is my design team card for some inspiration.  If you can't find the red, well.......I promise it's there!  I used sticky reinforcements and string as the office supplies part of the challenge, but I wasn't happy with how it came out, so re-shot the photo for my blog post.  The original photo is on the OCC blog. I used Hero Arts Floral Vine for the background because I felt it looked like kelp, using shadow inks. 
I'm entering this card in the CAS-ual Fridays CFC66 Challenge - Splish Splash.  They ask that we create a project featuring something that you might see in or at the ocean.  How FUN!  I don't think you'd miss my little swimmer in the ocean!  He's very 3D - like he's going to jump off the page! 
Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Also, check out the awesome projects from the FAB design team - they are amazing!  

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
  Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
Cristina Barnes - Dot Dot Stamping Design
Liliana Inguanti - Stampin' From Home
 Paula McClane - Scrap Addicts Attic
 Lisa Minckler - You Made Me Ink!
 Kim Price - Inkognito 
 
SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Hero Arts Airmail and Floral Vine
Paper - Hero Arts, Bazzill
Inks - Hero Arts Shadow Inks, Ranger Distress Inks
Die - Silhouetted SD Fish
Other - 3D foam dots, Papertrey Ink Twine, Dew Drops

I will also be entering this card in the Hero Arts August 2012B using the second sketch.  How I love the Hero Arts Sketches!

Thanks for visiting  my blog.  I'd love to hear your comments!
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips