February 04, 2012

Exciting News - My First Design Team Post for Our Creative Corner!

I'm so excited to tell all my bloggy friends that I have been invited to serve as a design team member for Our Creative Corner!  Now owned by Linda Coughlin of The Funkie Junkie, I have long been a HUGE fan of this blog.  Its eclectic and creative team inspires cardmakers of all styles to enter their weekly Saturday challenges.  I am very proud and humbled to be serving alongside this most talented group of women and look forward to a FABULOUS term!

Our challenge this week is hosted by Sharon Wheet and her theme is "Love is in the Air."  How appropriate that she asks we make a Valentine's Day paper craft project using the colors PINK, GREY AND KRAFTAlso on our projects we are to include some sparkle, such as rhinestones, glitter, or metal, and of course a heart shape.

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.

The gray cardstock is from Core'dinations, clear embossed with Hero Arts background stamp True Friends.  I stitched that onto a piece of dp from MME Lost & Found - Blush, then onto PPI white and kraft cardstock.

The felt heart is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique, adorned with Hero Arts pink gemstones. On top of that, I used PPI white vellum, white embossed with an old Hero Arts Roseprint stamp and cut it out.

With a wide piece of pink polka dot ribbon from Ebay, I made a single-pleat bow and laid that over the hearts.  I took a chipboard lockpiece (a RAK from my Flickr buddy Paula in Australia XO) and painted it with Tim Holtz Distress White Picket Fence Crackle Paint.  After it dried, I used Rock Candy Crackle Paint.  And after that dried, I brushed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Grandma's House.  I LOVE that stuff!!  To finish the lock off, I tied 3 MFT Tiny Tags with twine and stamped with XOXO onto it.  I made a MFT Mini Rose to go on top of the tags and then stuck in an embellie pin from Maya Road.

The final detail is a piece of gorgeous Venise Lace, also from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
Please stop by Our Creative Corner to give me some moral support on my first day and join in on our challenge!  Be sure to check out the cards from the other Design Team ladies. They are AMAZING! I hope you all have a perfect weekend!

Hugs,
Marcy
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips