October 23, 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #135 "Black, Orange, Purple and SCARY TOO!"

For this weeks challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, you are to create any card or project that uses ONLY the colors BLACK, ORANGE AND PURPLE and has something that pops up/out when opened.  That part must be SCARY!  You may use white cardstock to make sure the image stands out, but please keep it to a minimum. This may be ANY theme. Be creative, but please don’t forget to stamp.  We are STAMPtacular after all!

Here is my design team card and what I chose to do. I used "Pumpin Pile" from MelJen's Designs.
I chose the theme of Halloween and wanted to use chipboard for my card base, so I took apart a mini album and used 2 pieces. I covered each side with pp and tied them together with ribbon instead of the "O" ring.  One of the elements we are asked to use, is a "pop-up" element.  I chose to do an interpretation of that on the outside of my card using the fence.  I distress-crackled the fence cutout and dabbed it with black soot distress ink.  I was going for the textured look of CREEPY, old wrought iron!

My pumpkin image is paper pieced using three different pp for a textured 3-D look.  I also used yellow fiber paper for the eyes and mouths and used Glossy Accents on them for the look of a glowing candle inside the pumpkin.  Then I colored the stems and leaves with Copics.  For the top little guy - I used marbled eyes.  CUTE, huh?!

The finishing touch was the die cut leaf flourish using the new foil paper from Spellbinders.  I wanted that to be the purple in the challenge's color palette. I wanted a spooky sentiment, so I used a calendar for the month of October and stamped over it.  I ink distressed most of the elements.  For even more texture, I used creepy, crawly spiders on the inside page here.

Our sponsors for this week are Meljen's Designs - winner's choice of  FOUR digis and The Charm Barn with a $10 Gift Certificate!

Don't forget to check out the cards from the other Design Team ladies.  They are AMAZING!

This is also being entered into these challenges:
Paper Crafts October 2011 Gallery Challenge
Color Throwdown #164
Textured to Perfection at the Moxie Fab World

 SUPPLIES:
Cosmo Cricket blackboard chipboard, Spellbinders craft foil, yellow homemade fiber paper
Stamps - MelJen's Designs digital "Pumpkin Pile," Hero Arts stamp CL353 Happy Halloween
Inks and Markers - Copics, Tim Holtz Distress inks
Die - Silhouette fence design, Sizzix vine with leaves
Ranger Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint
Embellishments - Queen marble "eyes," Memory Box Jewel Spiders, Maya Road Calendar
Ribbon - Creative Impressions, Offray, Michael's Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips