March 18, 2010

OWH SPRING BREAK BLOGHOP

Welcome to my blog, En Papillote Arts, your next stop on the bloghop. If you've hopped over from HERE, then you are on the right track! If not, then go back to START, so you can see all of the awesome blogs. There's a lot of talent there!

I was first introduced to OWH through former shipper, Fabre Sanders, a wonderful friend of mine, whom I met through our personal chef organization. Her enthusiasm for making cards for the heroes was so contagious, that I just had to check it out. I had never made a card, I was convinced I was going to only work in mixed media. Over one year later, and I don't know how many cards, I consider myself a proud cardmaker for Operation Write Home!

But my personal reason for making cards for OWH, is my own history with the military. My dad is a Korean War veteran, my oldest son was in the National Guard, and my husband, Bob, is a Naval officer veteran of the Gulf War. He is my own real life HERO because he donated a kidney to me six years ago!


I chose to make this "Springy" card because I wanted it to work as a Mother's Day card, (deadline for these cards is April 1st) as well as Easter, Love, Thank You, etc. Check out my blog - I posted a tutorial on how to make those cute flowers!

So for the FUN stuff! For every comment you leave here, I will make a card for OWH. AND, BLOG CANDY!! I am offering a nice package of goodies to one of you, by a random selector! It includes a really cute stamp from Inky Antics, a mini album, some Zing embossing powders, and more. Check back here on Monday, where I will post the winner.

Now hop on over to Marianne Colschen's blog, NEXT. We share a love for paper crafting, gardening, and most importantly, our love for family. She's extremely talented, so enjoy her blog!

Have fun and Happy Spring!! Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips